...in what is bound to be another late night of browsing the "interweb" and staring at boxes. But hey, at least we're finally in our own place! The movers brought everything over this week. (And thank God for them for hauling everything up to the 3rd floor in 100-degree heat.) Now we face the unpacking, which I always seem to turn into a slow, painful process. I don't know why I never learn after moving 10 times in the past 10 years. I think it's because I'm used to moving so often that I never want to spend too much time getting absolutely everything in its right place. But I've promised myself (and Andy) that this time is going to be different. I'll make it all special-like, you'll see!
Before the moving craziness started, we had a great weekend with some visitors. Andy's friends Craig and Scott drove my car down here from Wisconsin. We are incredibly thankful! We spent Saturday and Sunday showing them around, getting some BBQ, going to the lake, and having a night on the town. It was great to actually have real conversations! I know that sounds weird, but when you don't really know anyone, personal communication is much more exciting.
The nightlife, at least downtown, is pretty darn crazy. Clubs, bars and late-night restaurants are overflowing with all types of people. Live music spills out of their open doors and windows. Driving is not really an option with all the human traffic, so you might hail a pedi-cab manned by the hippies. You'll see musicians, yuppies, hipsters and even old folks like us. And, if you're really lucky, a drunk girl may even puke on your leg! Ahhh, to be young and ridiculous. Thank goodness for Purell.
Well, on that appetizing note, I'm sure you want to see some pics of our place, albeit drowning in boxes. I'll let you know when I find the remote!
Andy was sure to get his TV set up right away.




0 comments :: Here I sit...
Post a Comment