I know a total of about 10 people even read this blog, but I still need to work on posting more regularly. We have such a horrible internet connection at this hotel, so I usually get too frustrated and don't want to deal with it. And some days I just don't feel like being creative, but I know no one's actually judging me for that, right? Regardless, I'm going to try to improve this.
Anyway, here's some good news: we found an apartment! It's no Taj Mahal, but it will hopefully save us a little money while at the same time being a comfortable place to live. It's in a nice area and met all of our needs.
It's nice to have this out of the way, and we move in next Monday! At least now I'll have something to do with getting our place together. (*cough, I mean, other than job searching, cough*)
On Saturday, we were planning on going to a bull-riding competition with some free tickets we got...until we remembered that we already had tickets for a Brewers-Astros game in Houston! Not a bad thing. It's a longer drive, so we decided to make it worthwhile by checking out the nearby Gulf Coast first. We left in the morning a made the 4-hour trek to Galveston. After arriving in the oven-like heat and humidity, we walked around on The Strand, which is a historic part of town with shops and restaurants. It was fun to finally see some Southern architecture and smell that old, musty smell when walking down the cobblestone streets.
The Strand, Galveston
After that, we hopped in the car and drove to a nearby beach. We've heard that the beaches here are nothing like the ones in California and Florida...and those people are right. This part of the coastline has large amounts of silt that are churned up from the ocean floor, making the water a lovely shade of brown. The sand is an equally attractive hue but is great for making sand castles. This was Andy's first time in the Gulf, and the water was incredibly warm. We only had a short time there before we had to get back on the road to Houston.
The Houston traffic was bad, and we actually thought the game started a half hour later than it did. We walked in during the second inning to the Brewers losing. Nothing we haven't seen before! With only a few decent hits, they got their butts whooped. Still, we had great seats in the first row of the second tier, right behind home plate. We love our Brewers, and it felt like home to see them in action.
Minute Maid Park
If you know me at all, you know that I love Ryan Braun. No really, I LOVE HIM.
Instead of the Klements Sausage Race, they have the Taco Bell Hot Sauce Race.
Their was a random concert after the game (Jars of Clay; it was "Faith and Family Night), so we got some time to wander around the ballpark.
We got back home late that night and crashed. It was a great day, great weekend, great week!





Good post, but I didn't okay the topless photo in there.
Randy D
August 9, 2010 at 7:48 PMLooks like you are having fun. So relieved/happy you found an apartment. Can't wait to see more pictures. love, cheryl
Unknown
August 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM