Maybe we'll get settled one of these days.

...and so the week begins in a thankfully uneventful fashion. I'm finally getting my hands dirty with searching for apartments. So far, there's been nothing that's jumped out and screamed, "RENT ME!!!" I think I'm getting a little tired of living in and looking at boxy apartment after boxy apartment. But alas, we figured it best to rent for a year before thinking of buying a house in a brand-new town. Austin is much like any other city: there are nice areas and not-so-nice areas, but we've found a part of town that we're happy with. 

In other news, we just booked our tickets to Ireland!! We had been planning this for a while, but once the job search started, we knew it needed to put it on hold until we knew for sure where we'd be. I guess you can call it our first-anniversary trip, or perhaps our "last" big trip before we set our sights on a house and starting a family.  We're super-excited!

I'm sure I will have more pictures to post after this weekend, when we are, in fact, attending a BULL-RIDING COMPETITION. Yes, folks, are we in Texas or are we in Texas? Knowing that we got the tickets for free makes me feel a little better about myself. :)

2 comments :: Maybe we'll get settled one of these days.

  1. Is there a difference between a Bull-riding competition and rodeo? I'm not quite up on my Texas lingo.

  2. Angela, I asked the same question. Since we didn't end up going, I guess we will both be in suspense for now...or until I wiki it. :)

Post a Comment