We made it to Austin in a thankfully uneventful fashion. After leaving on Monday morning, we made a stop just outside Kansas City to visit with our good friends Angela, Dan, Joel and baby Anna. It was a nice relaxing night of eating burgers, watching the Home Run Derby (sad day, Corey Hart!) and catching up.
I should also mention that my 14 year-old cat, Chloe, came along for the ride. She hasn't had the greatest track record with car rides, but she did an awesome job. She even crawled over by Andy (aka "The Big Jerk," as we think she likes to refer to him as) to hang out from time to time. She's basically the best cat ever. :)
We left Kansas City on Tuesday morning and set off for a long day of driving. I've never driven through Kansas before, but the infinite green cattle pastures mixed with stormy skies made for a beautiful setting. It was hotter and more humid than I've felt in recent memory. Thank God our new(er) car didn't have any problems.
Finally, the skyline of Austin came into view around 9:00 pm. As we descended the exit ramp onto 6th St, I just felt...weird. I couldn't believe we were actually HERE. The trip seemed to go by so fast, and here we were in our new Texas home.
I will write more soon about everything since then, but for now, here are some scenes from the road:

I like it!
Randy D
July 16, 2010 at 11:33 PMThis is great Emily! I'm so excited for you guys and glad Chloe had an uneventful journey. Has she ever sat on Andy's lap like that?
I just caught Justin's facebook message about the real "Chotchkie's" is in Austin. That is just too good to be true. Anyhoo, I'm happy to be following your blog and can't wait to visit you and Brian at Chotchkies real soon.
Unknown
July 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM