Back to reality...sort of.

Life's been good since we settled into our new "home." I use the quotation marks because we don't really have a permanent residence yet. We're living in a hotel downtown until we find an apartment, which is at the top of my to-do list. It's been pretty nice: close to all the action, tons of restaurants, STARBUCKS right downstairs...fun for a while, but not so fun for the wallet (or the waistline--har har). We've done some exploring, but it's been so hot during the days. Nights are hit-or-miss depending on the humidity, but for the most part they've been comfortable. 

Andy just started work today, so it's back to the grind, at least for him. I am still technically employed while I work very part-time (remotely, obviously) in my current position. As mentioned earlier, my main priority is to find us a place to live, then buckle down with the job search. I need to keep myself busy or risk getting bored very quickly. 

So far, I'm enjoying walking and driving around and learning more about where everything is. It's hard to know where to start and can be a bit overwhelming, but I have to remember that I don't need to take it in all at once. We know God has us here for a reason, and we're just trying to enjoy this new adventure.

Alright, time to workout. It's amazing how having a nice gym and pool only 5 doors down doesn't really make it any easier. I really just need to suck it up!


Living room


Kitchen---do I really need to caption these?


Bedroom with complimentary Andy


Farmer's Market

0 comments :: Back to reality...sort of.

Post a Comment