Yes, I'm back...and slacking on blog posts as usual.
We are safe and sound in Austin and had a fabulous time in Ireland! I'm working on getting some posts together, but it will probably be a couple days yet.
In the week and a half since we've been home, Andy's gone back to work and I've returned to joyous housework and job searching. On Saturday, we went to Austin City Limits, which is a huge, 3-day music festival at Zilker Park. Tickets were sold out well before we even moved to Austin, so we ended up buying them off some dude on the street.
As we roamed around the park, I realized how long it's been since I've been to a music festival. And I miss it! I can't keep track of all the concerts I've been to, but it's definitely well over 100. In college, my friends and I would wait in line or on the bleachers for an entire day, rain or shine, to get front-row seats for our favorite artists. (And then we'd wait around a couple MORE hours after the show with the hope of an autograph/picture/talk session.) While I may not have that energy or desire anymore, there's still something awesome about standing and singing with a crowd of people who love someone's music just as much as you do. I still get an involuntary lump in my throat and tear in my eye when the music hits me just so. Anyway, I digress...
We spent the day taking in performances from Broken Bells, Temper Trap, Monsters of Folk and Matt & Kim. I've been listening to all of those artists a lot this past year, and they were all fabulous. Finally, as darkness fell and the city skyline lit up behind us, we watched Muse take the stage and blow.the.place.up. Some friends introduced me to them in the early 2000s and I've wanted to see them live ever since. It was spectacular, over-dramatic, intense and beautiful. Here's a video from the actual concert of them bringing down the house with their final song, "Knights of Cydonia:"
And just for kicks, check out my favorite song of theirs, "Butterflies and Hurricanes," which they unfortunately did not play at ACL. :(
Happy day!

0 comments :: About time
Post a Comment