Saying that I love fall is an understatement. I'm obsessed with it.
The fresh, crisp air.
Digging out my favorite hooded sweatshirt for an afternoon walk.
Driving and hiking through beautiful countryside to admire the changing colors.
Spending a sunny afternoon at the apple orchard.
Camping.
Decorating the house in warm reds, oranges and yellows.
Pumpkin-scented candles.
Building a fire.
You get the idea. It's all the traditions and feelings that go along with this time of year. I've been trying to incorporate those things into our first Southern fall. However, the leaves barely change color before they shed, there are no apple orchards nearby that harvest in the fall, the air is far from "crisp," and you can't get a campsite to save your life because everyone and their mother reserved them months ago. With Christmas items already on the store shelves, where's the transition period I look forward to every year? Everything's running together!
*Sigh*
That's when I need to take a moment and remind myself that THIS is how things are now in our new home. We can't have it all, and didn't we decide to move here to experience something different? It's time to embrace all the new things that come with fall:
Sunny skies and temperatures in the 70s....everyday!
Plentiful farmer's markets.
Festivals galore.
No ice, snow or shoveling.
Sandals!
I'm sure there are more that we'll discover, but we've got it pretty good. And let's not forget that this weather is the PERFECT lure to get friends and family to come visit us! Speaking of which, my mom came here about two weeks ago. We had a nice time showing her the city, walking around, going to the LBJ Library, checking out yummy restaurants, and just hanging out. It was great---love you, Mom!
Hope you are all enjoying the many blessings of fall!


0 comments :: Ahhh...fall
Post a Comment