Just another day

One year ago today, I woke up and got ready for the day.

I got dressed,
(Well, with a few helpers.)


Put on a little makeup,
(Okay, I had some assistance with that, too.)


And just scurried around, getting my affairs in order.


I got to see my fiance Andy that afternoon, so I was pretty excited.


Like, REALLY EXCITED.
Like, Andy's mom had to motion for me to slow down cuz I was booking it down the aisle.


He seemed pretty pumped, too.


We said some really nice things to each other in front of all our friends and family. You know, richer and poorer, sickness and health, till death do us part. We were all like, "Heck yes!"


After all that excitement, we needed a few minutes to ourselves.


You know, gazing into each other's eyes, yadda yadda...




Then it was time to PARTY!! Some good friends and family came along for the ride.


After some good eats and quality speeches, we got to dance the night away.


All in all, it was a pretty swell day!

_________________________________________________________


Alright, that was an understatement. It was the best day of my life. Seriously, I still can't believe I snagged the man of my dreams. It was a surreal experience and one that I'll cherish forever. As I looked around at dinner, at all of our family and friends celebrating together, I had to breathe it in slowly, knowing it would probably never happen again. And you know what? I don't want it to happen again. Because everything was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Especially the man I get to spend the rest of my life with. 

Is that enough sappy sappiness for you?? The whole world doesn't necessarily need to know that I thank God every day for blessing me with my husband, family and friends, but I can't help myself! Thank you, Lord!

Happy 1st Anniversary, Andy! I love you so much.




0 comments :: Just another day

Post a Comment