Hi all. Taking into consideration this less-than-eventful week, I will spare you any long-winded details and just get to the good stuff. And it has nothing to do with me!
I'd like to introduce two amazing dudes to you. One has been my love for many years, and one I've just gotten to know in the past couple. As we spend more time together, I feel all special inside. Happy, amazed, emotional and reassured. They can make me smile and cry, but yet we've never met! Okay, I'm actually talking about two of my favorite male musicians. And I'd like to share them with you!
Martin Sexton: I had the privilege of seeing Martin many years ago when he opened for Guster. (Full disclosure: he and Guster were actually both opening for John Mayer, but that was just a formality, NOT my choice.) To put it bluntly: white dude got SOUL. He is my favorite male vocal of all time---yep, sure is. His incredible power, beauty and emotion give me goosebumps every time I listen. His recordings are all amazing, but live is really the best way to go with him. Also, he reminds me of my favorite college professor, which makes me want to run up and give him a hug.
Alright, alright, I'll stop talking. Here are two of his songs since I can't pick just one.
Onto #2....
Bon Iver: I first heard about this guy because he's from Eau Claire, WI. Apparently he recorded his entire first album while holed up in a cabin in the Northwoods. I thought, "Cool! I'll give it a listen." Ho-ly crap. He has a feathery-soft voice that feels so heavy at the same time. Haunting emotion, yet so warm that you just want to snuggle up with it on a wintery day. A sweet, sweet paradox. Wisconsinites, be proud!
Hope you enjoyed. I'm sure I'll be putting up more music in the future. Seriously, one of the things I am SO looking forward to someday is sharing music with my kids. And it makes me happy and hopeful that there is still amazing stuff out there. :)
Happy Labor Day Weekend!

0 comments :: Per-fec-tion
Post a Comment